Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Final Post

The semester is coming to an end. Since the beginning I have watched a lot of movies, some of which I liked, others not so much. For this final post I'm going to talk about my favorites, and some movies that I think everyone needs to see.

First is Pan's Labyrinth. While I had seen this movie before, it was well worth watching again. It was very interesting seeing what was essentially a fairy tale for grown ups. It was a simple story about a girl trying to cope with a bad situation, but the way it was all put together was very original and well done

Next is American Beauty. After seeing this film I finally get what all the fuss was about and why it won all those awards. I'm not sure what I can say that hasn't already been said, everything about it was perfectly done and that's what it takes to make a good movie.

Finally there is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Again it was a pretty simple story and concept, but the way they went about telling the story is what made it so good. The way it was edited really gave it a dream like quality, which is fitting given that most of the film takes place inside the main characters head.

Now here are some of my favorite films.

First is Fight Club. I never get tired of watching this movie. When I first saw it I knew next to nothing about it, and I think that's part of why I liked it so much, I didn't know what to expect. From the dark twisted humor to the similarly twisted story, It all comes together to make one of my favorite films.

Next is an animated film called Spirited Away. This is a film by Hayao Miyazaki and there is no other film like it. It's a story about a girl who stumbles upon a strange fantasy land. Most of the movie takes place in a bath house within this world, and follows the girl as she try's to find her way home. The story is original and the hand drawn animation is amazing. I definitely think everyone should see this film.

Last but not least is my all time favorite, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy. Everyone needs to watch these movies. It is the classic good vs. evil story, with the good guys fighting against insurmountable odds to survive. If you haven't seen them see them, better yet watch them back to back.

No comments:

Post a Comment